February 17, 2011

Winter Wild Art

Winter weather = winter feature hunting! I just taught my photojournalism class about shooting features, and love that I am forced to literally practice what I preach. Good times.

For the New York Times:

I started with the obligatory snow blower shot, even though I tried to steer clear of easy metaphors used way too often in such photos.


And then I found this nice guy walking his dog in a park, and tried to make something graphic...

I like this one better:

But in the end, they ran this one.

You can see the link to the story by clicking HERE.
The Syracuse Post Standard then ran a story, about this story published in the Times. Too funny!
_________________________________________________________________

For the Associated Press:









No comments: